Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Swallowed Truth

     My heart is a pavement, the truth I have come to accept and swallow. My mind, an obstacle to the greed and pride whom continues to taunt my deepest desires. I would like to believe that I am stronger with how far I have held up until my very end. Yet I look back, and hollow trails follow me, the lonely tread trekked into my soul and I have forgotten the meaning of life. I slowly surrender my humanity to get my hands upon humility . I am deranged, for wishing a dream that no god can imagine nor conjure. I sit and stroke words my mouth failed to share. I wait, every waking moment of my life for a bullet through my chest to put me to my much awaited rest , I hesitate yet go forth into unknown territory knowing full well that I will be eaten alive by unprejudiced predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It does not have to be me

  I left my heart to die again. I met another face that looks at me with scorn and regret. This year should be the twentieth fragment of my ...