Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Preparation of Sunday's hug of strings and voices

 Submitted and Succumbed...

T'was the Sunday before the last week of 1st semester, there, Waking up to the morning barks of hounds was me with loads of work accomplished, accompanied with a spontaneous reward. 

    Saturday night, stayed up with the stars hidden, to accomplish the burdensome of a task. A film about out respective advocacy. I didn't entirely see it as a burden, rather, a challenge. I enjoyed a great challenge, that is, if your peers had the same vision. Clip. Copy. Replay. Redo. Undo. The only thing a can recall from a Saturday Night was me half asleep at 9 A.M. Pling! Prong! and beams of radiation emitted through my phone. To my surprise, it was adviser Mr. Chan, with an unexpected offer. "Who would like to go?" he followed with a poster of an tonight's Opera at my nearby theatre. As a fan of musicals, theatre, music, and artisan interests, I was in ecstatic, an opportunity! One, two, and me. Took the opportunity. Sunday 8 P.M. 

    Back and forth I went through group chats and to-do list, ensuring that this evening, is free of clutter. With the sigh of relief was me, and my completed submissions of academic work. All that's left is to reap what I have sowed. Preparing for the anticipating event, Lied my neatest navy sleeves, stuffed shoulder bag, and steaming bath. Despite being an Avid fan of Opera's and Orchestra's, never once have I attended one live. I would witness recordings rather, thus, my interest in classical music grows. I myself love the company of classical symphonies, grand ones at that. They turn my o' shabby of a room into the ever breathtaking swiss fields. Rich greens, fresh breeze, and a clear blue horizon was the illusion such pleasant pieces would appear before me as I ponder, alone, on any chance I get.

    The air blower shuns any evidence of a shower, sleeves cover excited arms, and perfume wafts around the room as I prepare to leave our comfy abode. The mall was a walk away, yet enough to make a sweat drop. As I walk through rays of orange and yellow, I contemplate of whether I wore an appropriate outfit to a theatre. An Opera at that! I've learned aristocratic etiquettes enough to know that these sleeves and white shorts would make heads turn if we were in the late 1980's. But I was confident that won't be the case. Upon arriving, there I met was one of the two others who agreed to go upon this event. Aljohn. Stands there with an outfit neither informal nor formal. He caught many eyes. In we go through the theatre as we wait for the other, Sophia.  

    We took our tickets whilst nervous as neither three of us has ever experience such, more so of the mesmerizing interior of that Samsung theatre. The soft champagne lights complimented everyone in that bustling lounge. Tick, goes an hour before the show. While wait for Sophia, my mother called me and Aljohn to go by the restaurant in front of the theatre for dinner. With stomachs full and Sophia with us, we are as evermore as ready to let go of the tickets that hasn't stayed for more than an hour in our Hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The World's Façade III

      The absolute sure will grow into an infinite doubt. Like a newborn assumed to be the epitome of innocence, shall change into the human...